Volunteer Spotlight: Meet Bob Leccese
Updated: Jul 7
Duxbury Beach Reservation is driven by its mission to protect Duxbury Beach for the protection and enjoyment of the community. And we are so grateful to all of the community members who give their time and expertise. Our summer volunteer profile spotlights Bob Leccese, Duxbury resident, dedicated volunteer, and someone up for any challenge!
1. Why do you choose to volunteer at Duxbury Beach Reservation?
When my family moved to MA 28 years ago, we limited our search to the South Shore. Once we saw the beach, it was decided this was the town we wanted to reside in. Since then the beach has been an important part of my family hence the reason for volunteering.
2. How did you first get involved with Duxbury Beach Reservation?
Almost two years ago, Sue Rourke, a friend and DBR trustee knew I was looking for volunteer opportunities and mentioned the 100 year anniversary and thought it would be a good fit.
3. What has been your favorite project to work on with Duxbury Beach Reservation?
Working on the 100 Anniversary was certainly rewarding. Director Cris Luttazi has also
given me a list of individual projects to work on.
4. What do you wish other people knew about Duxbury Beach Reservation?
DBR actually owns and maintains the beach while the town leases it.
5. What is your favorite spot on Duxbury Beach?
Anywhere on the beach meeting up with friends especially for dinner at sunset.
6. What do you do when you aren’t volunteering?
These days spending more time in the kitchen and in the yard.
Interested in volunteering with Duxbury Beach Reservation? Fill out one of our volunteer surveys or email email@example.com.