Volunteer Spotlight: Meet Molly Mazanec
1. Why do you choose to volunteer at Duxbury Beach Reservation?
I grew up in town and the beach is really important to me, not only from a town perspective and ecological perspective, but also as a place that my family and I create memories.
2. How did you first get involved with Duxbury Beach Reservation?
My friend Pam Earle does a lot with the DBR and reached out for some help.
3. What has been your favorite project to work on with Duxbury Beach Reservation?
I really loved the DBR fundraiser that we did dinner in a box, what a great way to meet goals AND stay covid friendly!
4. What do you wish other people knew about Duxbury Beach Reservation?
That they have no control over the plovers!
5. What is your favorite spot on Duxbury Beach?
The creek! We love to go and float.
6. What do you do when you aren’t volunteering?
I work as a pediatric nurse practitioner, I have 4 kids, 2 dogs, 25 chickens and 2 bee hives… so other than working, you will find me puttering around my yard.