Volunteer Spotlight: Meet Mary & Rudy
Updated: Mar 2
Following the Cheers to 100 Years Celebration we are so grateful to all of the volunteers who gave their time and expertise. We decided to highlight some of the many dedicated folks who work with us in our blog and newsletter. Our winter newsletter profile is on Mary & Rudy Langner, Duxbury residents, dedicated volunteers, and some of the most hard-working people we've met!
1. Why do you choose to volunteer at Duxbury Beach Reservation? The reservation is a great natural resource that we need to protect for future generations.
2. How did you first get involved with Duxbury Beach Reservation?
A friend that is a trustee asked us if we would be willing to help with DBR.
3. What has been your favorite project to work on with Duxbury Beach Reservation?
Planning and helping with the "Cheers to 100 Years" event.
4. What do you wish other people knew about Duxbury Beach Reservation?
We think it is important for people to know that DBR is financially self-sustaining and must continually be fundraising, applying for grants and relying on donors and benefactors to maintain and protect the beach.
5. What is your favorite spot on Duxbury Beach?
Our favorite spot is just north of the bridge on the bay side watching the sun set.
6. What do you do when you aren’t volunteering?
Rudy: I own a residential contracting business that keeps me pretty busy. In my spare time I like fishing and boating and just being outdoors.
Mary:I love to be active and have many creative hobbies. Walking and running on Duxbury Beach is one of my favorite things to do!